Saturday, August 22, 2015

NEW NOVEL IN WORKS

I'm in the throes of finishing the first draft of the MOONBEAM RIDER novel. Then there will be a couple of months of back and forth with my editor before it goes off to publishers (yes, I'm going to try and go the traditional route with this one first because I think it is very mainstream).

Then I will begin work on my fourth novel TEENAGE WASTELAND. This is based off a screenplay I wrote that Cutting Edge originally wanted to make. Executive Benedict Carver ("Resident Evil," "Underworld") had brought the project into EOne, where it was in development, but they never pulled the trigger. They saw it as a PG-13 Dance movie. I see it as a gritty R-rated Drama with bone-breaking Martial Arts action. It's set in a world where everyone over the age of 30 has died and tribes of teen Free-runners, Breakers and Martial Arts Trickers fight it out for control of all that's left... the city.

I'm very excited.

The novel will be NA (New Adult) and as I release the novel, I will simultaneously go out to Studios and investors with a screenplay adaptation. 

I think in wake of the success of "STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON," the climate in Hollywood will be right for this type of film. 






No comments:

Post a Comment